How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42869
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Had an endoscopy performed, during the procedure the wall of

Customer Question

Had an endoscopy performed, during the procedure the wall of my duodenum was perforated. This lead to emergency surgery to repair the damage and a 8 day hopsital stay and I am still on short term disability
Does it seem reasonable to file some sort of malpractice suit?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.I would urge you to shop it to local medical malpractice lawyer.These are contingent fee cases.They will order records and have medical review and then tell you if you have a case to pursue.You have nothing to loose and much to gain.Make sure to do this and have it reviewed.

The New York Bar has local lawyer referral for you here

1(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr /> [email protected]

Need to Hire an Attorney in New York?

Contact our service for assistance in finding a lawyer in your area. In the event that we do not offer lawyer referrals in your county we will provide you with contact information for a lawyer referral service that does.

Edited by RayAnswers on 12/1/2010 at 12:57 AM EST
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.