How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 55595
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

An ex-boyfriend owe me money. I took him to court after he

This answer was rated:

An ex-boyfriend owe me money. I took him to court after he stop talking to me and an agreement was made to pay on the loan every month. I initiate calling him but he made it clear that he didn't want to answer my calls. He said if I call him, his pastor say not to answer my calls. I felt hurt and crushed by him again. The last call I made was if he pay me what he owed me, he'd never hear from me again. I know that I need to stop worrying about what he owes me. He has so far sent me three payments after the court mediation.

My question is if he missed even one payment can I take him back to court and ask the court for him to pay me in full? Will he be in default of our mediation agreement? I live in Texas, and now I'm sorry I made the agreement in the court mediation because, he threw it in the trash before we left the office. Now it will be a couple of years before he pay me off.

Good evening. Since he has defaulted and is ignoring you....file a claim against will get a judgment for the entire amount and then if he doesn't pay you, you can attach his bank accounts and any other assets he may have to collect your judgment.



I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!


If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.


If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.


The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, if he miss any payments or just one payment, can I file a default? How soon can I fall a default if he misses a payment?