How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Atty. since 1986; Plain English answers to family law, employment, landlord-tenant, & other questions
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This woman I am seeing and have known since childhood have reconn

Resolved Question:

This woman I am seeing and have known since childhood have reconnected and now have an intimate relationship.She still lives in Connecticut and I in Ohio.She has two children with an exboyfriend.She now wants to move to Ohio with her children and enroll in a nursing program at Case,and to narrow the gap between she and I.Her fear is that her jealous controlling exboyfriend will try to stop her.Can he? even if she is willing to work out some kind of visitation schedule.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you. I may have switched you out of "chat." If I did, it's because I have had technical problems chatting here. I hope that you don't mind!



While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Sometimes I'm unable to read your entire question until AFTER I write back to you.


Although it's usually five minutes, sometimes there can be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be researching the answer to your question, helping other customers, or taking a break. If we are writing late at night, I may have to go to sleep and resume helping you the following morning.


I need the following information before I can answer your question:


Can you please tell me whether your friend - let's call her Connie for CT - has ever been to court in regards XXXXX XXXXX children?


Is there any question regarding whether the ex - "Brutus" - is the father?



I'll look forward to hearing from you,


Jane Doe Deer


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I thought I did reply no courts have been involved He is the father and had offered a child support number to set her up in an apartment locally of course.I've met this man and he is incredibly manipulative(not to be mistaken for inteligence)and controlling.
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 6 years ago.

I didn't see anything about courts, but no matter.


"Connie" has at least four options, and they're not mutually exclusive.


1. Work out a written agreement on her own with "Brutus." This should cover decisions re the kids (braces? summer camp? haircuts?), visitation (when? who will pay? etc) and child support. From what you've said about "Brutus" this is unlikely.


2. Move with the kids to Ohio. (Legal as long as the father knows where she moves to and how to contact his children). File with the state child support agency for child support.


3. Move with the kids to Ohio, and file a petition in court for custody, visitation, and child support.


4. File a petition in CT for custody, permission to move to Ohio, visitation, etc. Wait to get a court order prior to moving.


The only legal way for Brutus to try to stop the kids from moving to Ohio is by filing his own court action, or winning the case that Connie files. There is no legal way for Brutus to stop Connie from moving.



I'll assume that I have answered your question and will "ACCEPT" my answer unless I hear back from you with follow-up questions.


Bonuses of even a few dollars are much appreciated.




My best,


Jane Doe Deer








Jane Doe Deer and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you