Lawgirl
Lawgirl, Lawyer
Experience:  I am an attorney familiar with the above-stated subject matter.
635143

I was i a accident 4yrs ago,on private property.I was driving

I was i a accident 4yrs ago,on private property.I was driving my boyfriend car and he had insurance. the car were fix by own insurance company but the other insurance company is trying to make me pay.
Expert:  Lawgirl replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

To the extent that you are not covered under the insurance or are deemed a third-party under the insurance, the company may have the right to hold you responsible for any negligent action that resulted in the accident. This can get tricky because even though you may not feel the accident was your fault, if the insurance company feels technically the accident was your fault they may hold you responsible. Furthermore, if you have been sued and a judgment was taken against you, there may not be a lot that you can do at this stage of the game.

Your may consider taking any paperwork you have regarding the claim and lawsuit to a local personal injury attorney who can sit down with you to understand the dynamics of the accident and all theories under which they tried to hold you responsible. That attorney should be able to inform you of your options.

Please let me know if you have any other questions on this matter or require clarification. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT" so I may receive credit for my efforts.

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me with beginning your question with "For LawGirl..."