How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Atty. since 1986; Plain English answers to family law, employment, landlord-tenant, & other questions
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Would any within the group like to help me with a civil case

This answer was rated:

Would any within the group like to help me with a civil case pro se? I am willing to pay the going rate but I need help with the forms.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.


While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Sometimes I'm unable to read your entire question until AFTER I write back to you.


Although it's usually five minutes, sometimes there can be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be researching the answer to your question, helping other customers, or taking a break. If we are writing late at night, I may have to go to sleep and resume helping you the following morning.


I need the following information before I can answer your question:


If you already lost a SCC case, you can't file a second lawsuit on the same matter.


However, if it's not too late, you can usually appeal.


How can I help?




I'll look forward to hearing from you,


Jane Doe Deer


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I filed for a trial de novo but withdrew before the court date, with prejudice. Can I still take my case to Circuit Court?

I'm sorry that I wasn't available today. I had left the office by the time you wrote back. I'm unavailable tomorrow as well. I'll opt out so that someone else can help you.


Good luck to you,



Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I hope you will stay on the case and help me. I suppose you could say this case is not an ugent one but I would like to get started soon but when you are pressed for time, I won't mind if I have to wait for your answers. I know you have to get paid, as well, during the time you are helping, so I will accept your answer, even if we really haven't gotten started. I just need small amounts of advice and help in filing the paper work on this case. If you will recall, I lost in small claims due to the defendent's false testimony but by taking the case to Circuit Court, I can call a vital witness and cross examine the defendent and I know in that situation, I have a very good case, particularlly since I am telling the truth and the defendent is not.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried to click accept but it did not work. I promise to pay you as we move through this case. I know all this takes money.

But the thing is, if you lost once, you can't sue again for the same thing. Whether or not you used a witness the first time around is not going to get you anywhere. Plus, if you sue again and the other side uses an attorney, you may end up paying for attorney fees, filing fees, and service of process for nothing. So, there is no way I can feel right in helping you prepare a complaint, etc, knowing that you already lost the case.


Have you found the rules about appealing a SCC decision? If not, let me know what state you're in.


I'll opt back in.



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, thanks for the help so far. After the small claims hearing, I filed for a trial de novo but I knew I had to have a different type of trial than I had in small claim to make the issue clear so I drop the small claims case but the I was told I could bring the case in Circuit Court, maybe I need to file an appeal. Is that what you are telling me? I want to make sure you are getting paid enough to justify your time but if I click the relpy to expert to get this message to you, then I can't click the accept to pay you.

I'm confused. Now you're saying that you "dropped" the SCC case. I thought you said you had lost it.


If you lost the SCC look into an appeal.


If you want to file another lawsuit, it has to be on a different issue.


You really need to let me know what state you're in so that I can look up the local court information.


My best,








Jane Doe Deer and 15 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am hoping to get started on the case again, when you get time. I think I last wrote to you that the case is in Boone County in the State of Missouri. I had lost in small claims and file a trial de novo but then dropped the case due to my precieved need to have the case heard in a different court setting than small claims.

I appreciate that, but I don't think I'm the best person to help you through a trial.


I suggest that you contact the Moderators and resubmit your question. It is okay with me if the Moderators return what you paid to me, since I don't feel as though I've really answered your question.


I'll also ask the Moderators to help you.


Good luck,



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I contact the moderator? Is it OK for you to tell me if an appeal is possible at this time. The small claims case was heard on 10/5/10.

Related Legal Questions