How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GeorgetownLawyr Your Own Question
GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12049
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
GeorgetownLawyr is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a house in Arkansas I purchased (in 2001) with money

Resolved Question:

I had a house in Arkansas I purchased (in 2001) with money I recieved from a car injury. Ihe injury was in Texas. I also lived in texas when I purchased the house. I also moved to Arkansas in 2001. I sold the house at a 1000.00 dollar loss in 2004. I moved to Missouri in 2003. Missouri says I owe them tax money from the sale of the house. I feel I was getting my money back from my car injury when I sold the house. Am I right or wrong? Do I owe Missouri tax money from the sale of the house?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
the car injury had nothing to do with the sale of the house, besides the injury was in Texas and Not Missouri. You do owe Missouri I'm afraid.

I hope this clarifies the issues for you. Please click 'accept" so that I may receive credit. I am happy to answer your follow up questions at no extra cost. thanks and best regards.

GeorgetownLawyr and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you