J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and small business owner with 10 years experience in the general practice of law.
15393114

If you and your mate take home made videos of you both performing

Customer Question

If you and your mate take home made videos of you both performing sex on your mate's cell phone. What are the legal recourse, if any, if he shows them, sells them etc
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 6 years ago.

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

You may have a legal claim against the person for invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

J.Hazelbaker :

It's a hard claim to prove however.

J.Hazelbaker :

You need to be able to prove that you had a "reasonable expectation" that the video would be kept private.

J.Hazelbaker :

For the emotional distress claim, you also need to show that the emotional distress was so severe that it had physical manifestations (e.g. you became physically ill).

J.Hazelbaker :

I see that you are still offline. Please let me know what follow-up questions you have when you log back on.