How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently legally separated and want to change my name

Customer Question

I am currently legally separated and want to change my name back prior to the final divorce decree. Can I do this now?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Hello there:

The fact that someone has a divorce pending does not prohibit them from changing their name; they can change it through the same channels that anyone else would go through to change their name.

Edited by B. T. Meyer, Counselor at Law on 11/1/2010 at 6:59 AM EST