Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How Does OSHA Check Fumes

Customer Question
?...
How Does OSHA Check Fumes ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
11/1/2010
Lawyer: Brandon M., Counselor at Law replied 7 years ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Hello there:

Legally, they have the authority to investigate any employer that does not provide a safe workplace to its employees. If there is probable cause to believe that an employer is failing to meet OSHA standards, they can secure a search warrant to investigate the site, such as for the investigation of dangerous fumes.

Mechanically, their investigation depends on the fumes and the possible causes. They have the fumes evaluated by experts capable of narrowing or identifying the source based on their expert knowledge; from there, they can identify the specific cause using technology appropriate under the circumstances.
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law