How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What documents (including tax forms) are needed to form a LLP

This answer was rated:

What documents (including tax forms) are needed to form a LLP in Washington State?
Thank you for your question.

All you need to fill out is the LLP2010 form located below. If possible, provide the state with your UBI number if you were able to receive one from the state department, include the $80.00 fee and a possible $230 expedite fee, and your LLP is created. The UBI creation comes for them Master Business Application Form that you already have. Those are the two documents that you need.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 11/1/2010 at 5:17 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If it is a new business as well as a new LLP, aren't there other documents? What are the tax forms needed? (schedule C, 8832?). I'm confused. I'm forming a partnership with a friend, opening an accupuncture business in Anachortes, Wa. I don't think we need to register a trade name but we do need an UBI. Is that the same as an EBI? I knew about the Master Business Application and the SOS LLP form. It's all the more obscure stuff that is confusing me. Any thoughts?
Thank you for your follow-up.

You do not need those forms to start the business-you may simply need those forms later to disclose your profits, but you DO NOT need to file them as a means of starting out. I am not sure where you got the EBI from, as I was referring to the UBI in my answer. Could you be a bit more clear?

Here is a link that will provide you with more information, but as you see, other than the petition I provided and the Master form you already had, your obligation to file is complete.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 11/1/2010 at 5:28 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think we've been getting a lot of misinformation form people trying to help us. My goal in asking for advice from you is to get a thurough list so we don't miss something that can cause problems later. That's why I was asking about the tax information. It's all going in our business plan. We've been told we need licenses from the City of Anachortes as well as form DOH. What is the difference between a UBI and an EBN. Sorry, I'm so confused by all of this. I have read the material on the SOS site about business structures. We've been lead to believe there is more to it than what is listed there. Do we have to have an Operating Agreement? If so, can you point me toward where I can find a sample I can use?
Thank you for your follow-up.

I just want to clarify the scope of our service. While I can provide you with information, I cannot give you advice of any kind, nor can I make decisions for you. All I can do is provide legal information that you can use for yourself in your best capacity, but that does not in any way make me your attorney. If you wish to have someone actually advise you, I would suggest you contact an actual attorney in your area who can provide you with more specific information.

If the scope and limitation of my role is accepted, I will be happy to respond to your post, but I do not wish for you to be misled, or expect something from me which I cannot provide you at this time.

Kindly advise.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I totally understand that you are not my attorney and cannot give me specific advise. Please do the best you can within the scope of this service.
Thank you very much for understanding.

First of all I have never heard of an EBN--you may be thinking of an EIN. An EIN is an Employer ID Number and is akin to an SSN for a corporation. You, however, do not need one for an LLP. You will need a state based DOH form if you are creating a medical based business. If your city does require licenses, you will be required to get them, but again, that beyond the scope of your original question--you do not need ANY of those items to simply create a legal entity on paper.

An operating agreement is highly useful for you, and you should keep a copy of in on file with the Washington Department of State. The reason for that is should you and your partner ever have any issues or disagreements, the operating articles will provide you both as a means of knowing how to possibly break up and dissolve the partnership, deal with redress, figure out proper evaluation of your business, and ultimately keep you both informed of what you can or cannot do within the scope of your business.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 11/1/2010 at 6:00 AM EST
Dimitry K., Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you