How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GeorgetownLawyr Your Own Question
GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12049
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
GeorgetownLawyr is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an entertainment contract for a music production deal

This answer was rated:

I have an entertainment contract for a music production deal and the management company has not fullfill it's end of the deal, how can I terminate the contract?

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.


what was the agreement?

what did you agree to do?

what did they agree to do that they have not?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Wow..... this site really works... you are actually a real person.(lol) Anyway thanks for the reply. Hopefully I can give you a better overview of what's going on. I currently live in Miami, FL and thinking about taking over the management of a kids singing group that are sign with "Interscope Record Label". The kids and their parents signed with a music production company and entered into a production deal with this shady company. This shady company facilitated the deal with "Interscope Records" but the parents and the kids do not know the terms of that contract or even seen the contract between the shady music production company and "Interscope Records" However the contract between the Kids and their parents and the shady music production company calls for various payments and other incentives along with home schooling which nothing has been render and its been over two years. The shady music production company was also given limited power of attorney over the kids to travel outside of their state, which the shady music production has put the kids in harms way on several occasions. We have many reasons to believe that the shady music production company has breached the contract in many ways and most important the kids and their parents want completely out of the shady music production company contract even to the point of walking away from everything. It might be worth while mentioning that the contract is written in such a way that the state of California is the governing body, but the shady music production company is in Atlanta, Ga and the kids and their parents lives in Tennessee. The kids and their parents are completely broke and are on the edge of financial ruins. In closing we are looking for the most inexpensive way to terminate the contract with hopes of savaging the record deal with Interscope Record
Yes we are real attorneys. :) The parents need to put in writing to the shady music company that they are in breach of contract and list specifically how they have breached the terms of the contract and inform them that as a result the contract is hereby terminated. Send it in writing, certified mail/return receipt. that way if the company tries to sue the parents they have basically their defense in writing showing how the company broke the contract first. If one party breaches a contract the other party is free to walk away from it or at the very least has a great defense if the other party tries to sue for them walking away.

I hope this clarifies the issues for you. Please click 'accept" so that I may receive credit. I am happy to answer your follow up questions at no extra cost. thanks and best regards.

GeorgetownLawyr and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the quick reply...... so at this point there is no need to hire an attorney unless they try and sue?