How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been divorced for over eight years. I have not had

Resolved Question:

I have been divorced for over eight years. I have not had to pay alomony during this period. However, according to the divorce papers I have to pay $12 per year to keep the posibility open that my former wife may decide to collect at some point. What I want to know is, is there a statute-of-limitations for this problem. The divorce took place in Missouri.

Thank You,

Bill Vigna
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is acceptable. Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charged.

This is often a clause placed in marital settlement agreements. Alimony is always modifiable based on a change in circumstances so if there is an award of alimony, not matter how small, it can be increased in the future if there is a showing of need. There is no statute of limitations. However, it your ex remarries or cohabitates you can file for a termination.
lwpat and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you