Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

is there any way to make an appraiser file a claim against

Customer Question
his errors and ommisions insurance...
is there any way to make an appraiser file a claim against his errors and ommisions insurance without hiring an attorney.both appraisers are on probation for my appraissal that they did for my home loan there were no permits done for the dwellings the appraised.they inflated value of home and house has to be torn down.this is done in calif.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
11/1/2010
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

INFOLAWYER :

Good evening

INFOLAWYER :

Normally it would be pursued using a lawyer on contingency fee basis

INFOLAWYER :

as this is not a simple conclusion to prove or press for settlement

INFOLAWYER :

One that would likely require time consuming review and expert use to prove the correct appraisal

INFOLAWYER :

The fact that they are on probation is helpful but not evidence on its own

INFOLAWYER :

Pressure from a lawyer may make them file such a claim

INFOLAWYER :

especially if litigation appears likely

INFOLAWYER :

You may also threaten to turn to a lawyer and see if that will suffice

INFOLAWYER :

The employer if contacted may also help

INFOLAWYER :

seeking to either settle or ensure insurance is on notice so it cannot disclaim coverage

INFOLAWYER :

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Take care and happy holidays,

INFOLAWYER :

Good evening

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER :

especially if litigation appears likely

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER :

The employer if contacted may also help

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER :

Take care and happy holidays,

INFOLAWYER, Attorney
INFOLAWYER, Attorney