How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 55698
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my car was repoed 10/29/10 for balance oweing 900.00 2005

Resolved Question:

my car was repoed 10/29/10 for balance oweingNNN-NN-NNNNhonda civic with all fees added 1955.13 . end of my loan was to be oct. 2010 so they said i was 120days behind
not true. so i am paying off entire amount i paid on this car for 5yrs so unfair doing this nov1, 2010 . can i do anything about this? gerri
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Good evening. If you can show the loan was not 120 days behind by evidence of your payments and/or the lender never notified you that your loan was behind so you could refute that it was....then they are going to have to return your car and compensate you for your damages from the repossession....such as paying you the rental car going rate for your model of car for the period you were without your car. Inform them otherwise, you will be immediately filing a claim against them not only for your actual damages, but also punitive damages for their careless reckless behavior in repossessing your car.



I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!


If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.


If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.


The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you