How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My previous boss who was the president of the company was fired

Resolved Question:

My previous boss who was the president of the company was fired by the board. they rehired the previous owner and i'm now his assistant. He denies me for things that he approves others for similar things, he is making it very hostile for me, which i believe he wants to push me to quit. The HR director is his sister, who is also creating the same hostile work environment. I believe the president is racist by racist comments and jokes he makes to other, which is offensive to me since i'm hispanic. i would like to speak to an attorney to see if there is a hostile environment / racist situation and what i can do to combat this while i find another job.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 6 years ago.


Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer


Thank you for your question,


My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney with 25 years experience and will be glad to help with your question


The Answer I am providing is information only and does not constitute the practice of law in jurisdictions where I am not licensed to practice. JustAnswer's policy and State Bar restrictions prohibit any attorney-client relationship, giving legal advice and client representation though this forum. The attorneys on JustAnswer are glad to answer questions and give information, but JustAnswer is not a law firm, so we cannot take on client representation and no attorney-client relationship is formed


In order to sue your employer for discrimination, you must first file a formal Complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commisssion. This formal Complaint must be filed within 180 from the date of the event constitutng discrimination. If you do not file this formal Complaint you will not be able to sue the employer for discrimintaiton. Your employer cannot do anything to you when you file your formal Complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. If your employer even attempts to fire you, or take any other action against you in retaliation, your employer will suffer stiff penalites.


I wish you the best !!!




Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you


BONUS is always appreciated

That is the only way I get paid



Kindest Regards,




Don't forget to leave positive feedback!

Andrea, Esq. and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions