How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steinlaw Your Own Question
Steinlaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1811
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Steinlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am currently being sued by a credit card company and my jurisdiction

This answer was rated:

i am currently being sued by a credit card company and my jurisdiction is at the Van Nuys, CA superior court NW district. When i answered the summons (sucessfully) I also applied for a fee waiver. Long story short, I lost the hearing and the fee is due. It is due in 2 installments with one due tomorrow.(10/18/10) Neither myself nor my wife can appear at the court to pay the fee. We are working and taking a day off is NOT an option. What will the consequences be if I cannot appear in person? Can I pay it by mail?

Steinlaw :

Yes you can pay it by mail.

Steinlaw and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where can I get that information? Or, can I mail it to the court with a letter of explaination and the case number XXXXX other information included?