How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steinlaw Your Own Question
Steinlaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1811
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Steinlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have what I guess would be a legal question. I lost contact

Resolved Question:

I have what I guess would be a legal question. I lost contact with a family that I became close with in the early 1990s, they lived out of state, but their son was in prison in Texas. I dont know if he is still there or not, but I recently decided that I would like to make contact with him. I only lost contact because time and life take over. I used to visit with him since the family lived so far away and keep them updated, and feeling better because he had a friend. I have his name, the last 3 prisons that I know he was in, and his sisters name if she hasnt changed it through marriage. Is there any way that I could find him?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
-Do you know what court he was convicted in?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank-you for your response. When I visited him the first time, it was in Oakdale, La, which is a federal prison. Then he was in Marksville, La. for a short time, then moved to Pampa, Texas. It seems a bit confusing, as Oakdale is federal, then Im pretty sure Pampa is state. I was kind of hoping that with his name, and the trail of places that I know he has been to, that I could accomplish this mission! I know that he was raised in New York, but spent quite a bit of time in Dallas. His middle name is XXXXX XXXXX unusual as well. I am willing to do what is needed to move on with this, I appreciate the assistance so much, thank-you, Erin
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, I found the court records (list of charges) from Dallas and the birthdate. Any idea where to go from here? Thank-you again, Erin
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
Good job tracking down that information.

With what you have, the easiest way now is to hire a private investigator and let the investigator track him down. It should only cost you about $200 to get the information and you will get the most current address, including whether he is incarcerated.

Good luck.
Steinlaw and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you