How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have property that we would like to sell 1.33 acres. It

Customer Question

We have property that we would like to sell 1.33 acres. It is considered commercial property. We are having trouble selling it because the City of LaVernia built up the High School and parking lot behind our property. Now, everytime it rains it floods our property. The city attorney said that there was nothing we could do about it.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is acceptable. Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charge.

The city attorney is incorrect. You can file suit against the city and require them to install proper drainage structures and a retention pond so that your property is not burdened with the runoff. Naturally the city attorney is going to tell you that you cannot do anything. What else would you expect him to say? The problem is that you are going to have to hire an attorney and also an engineer at your expense.

Related Legal Questions