Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My sister was the excutor of my mothers estate, My sister did

Customer Question
not contact all the muic...
My sister was the excutor of my mothers estate, My sister did not contact all the muic publishing companies after my moms death, I only found out after Sony Records alerted me to what was ging on. My dad was a record producer and produced over 60 gold records as well as VicePrecident of Columbia records. Finally Barbara striesands music company began paying me They also gae m a statement of the 2 years they were paying my sister in the amount of 15000.00 my sister said that thee was a check hat was never cashedI asked her for a copy No go I skedfor a copy of the will No go. My sistermadeit impossible fo my dying mother to recieve pin meds while she was in the last week of her life I want o send my sister to prison My mom was taking fentenal the strongestmed availableso she was in wihdrawls as well as dying from the cancer I needhelp with this thank you
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2010
Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 7 years ago
Thank you for your question.

Do you know if the will was probated?

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 10/1/2010 at 8:20 AM EST
<p>Hi thanks for assisting me</p><p>The lawyers namewas xxxxx who worked with my moms best friend xxxxxxxxxx who I have known all my life My sister says xxx retired so what Yes It was probated in Ny state bxxxxxxx and xxxxx you can reach xxxxxx he works for a large firm in manhattan he would not even answer the call I have the wil xxxxx sent me with the financials I never even saw what the amount of her estate is</p>
Thank you for your follow-up.

Please be aware that you are posting where you have no attorney client privilege, and all you post becomes accessible online. Bearing that in mind, you may want to consider not posting names of parties in case they later may claim defamation of character or other legal claims against you.

Having said that...

As this is a very substantial will, you may want to retain your own probate attorney who can possibly contest your sister's handling of the estate on your behalf, and get the legitimate financial spreadsheets that exist at this time. If you are a beneficiary of the estate, you are entitled to the true estate numbers, which you can request from the administrator.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 10/1/2010 at 8:28 AM EST
<p>xxxxxx does work with xxxxxxx at blank and rome my sister lied again can she be in legl trouble for lying all these years? Not doing her duty not showing me a will I will pay your bill no worries I pay my bills do yu want to work with me I will not get a lawyer on line that will be intimidated by xxxxxx and can I take action against The atty who admin the will?</p>
If your sister lied, you can attempt to pursue her for breach of her fiduciary duty, and force her to then provide you with all the information as well as possibly pay you for whatever damages your share of the estate was subjected to based on her mismanagement.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 10/1/2010 at 8:53 AM EST
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney