Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I know that dating services contracts are covered under the California Buyers R

Customer Question
I know that dating services...
I know that dating services contracts are covered under the California Buyer's Remorse Laws and I can cancel within 3 days. However, what if the contract I signed says I can cancel within 3 business days, but the credit card receipt says "all sales final"? Also, do they have to receive the cancellation letter in 3 days, or do I just have to mail it in 3 days?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
10/1/2010
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer
In plain English:

• The credit card receipt verbiage is void as against public policy.
  • The time period for cancellation is 3 business days.
  • The cancellation is effective on the date that the letter is deposited into the mail. You may want to consider sending the cancelation by certified mail, so you can prove when it was deposited.

See generally, Cal. Civil Code § 1694.1.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney (or, for the purpose of obtaining debt relief counseling under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code); (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

socrateaser, Lawyer
socrateaser, Lawyer