How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in the state of Missouri. I have been seperated from

This answer was rated:

I live in the state of Missouri. I have been seperated from my legal husband for 13 years. I have not seen or had any contact with him at all. When I went to get a copy of my divorce papers in order to obtain a marrage certificate, I was told that my divorced was never filed. I had a copy of the full divorce papers and unfortunatly lost them over the years and can not prove that I have been divorced. Now I am pregnant with my partner of the past six years and have learned that I will not be granted a divorce while pregnant in the state of missouri. I am concerned about the name of the father that will be placed on the birth certificate and need to know how I can have the biological father and my partner of the last six years appear as the father on the birth certificate and not my estranged husband of the last 13 years. Any direction would be most helpful.
There is a legal presumption that all children born during a marriage are the children of the husband. However you can place the biological father's name on the birth certificate at time of birth. If you don't place a father's name on the birth certificate then legally the child is presumed to be your husband's child.
Daniel Solutions and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you