How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to put a driveway in my front yard my address12513chanute

Resolved Question:

I want to put a driveway in my front yard my address12513chanute st pacoima ca 91331
do i have to have a building permit?.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is acceptable. Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charged. You have to get a permit from the state/county/city road maintenance department. It is an encroachment permit to construct the driveway and connect to the public roadway.
lwpat and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I already have a driveway that connects to the street .what i want to do will only extend my existing driveway.

Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
if that is the case you normally do not need any type of permits. Just to cover yourself call the local codes department and ask but usually no permit is required just to extend.