How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been trying to contact my divorce lawyer for the last

This answer was rated:

I have been trying to contact my divorce lawyer for the last 3+ weeks. First VM was full and no responses to email. Now the Ph# XXXXX XXXXX I've gone by the office but the door is locked. The building agency says he is still a valid tenant. What are my avenues to get in contact with him?
First send a certified letter to the attorney asking that you be contacted in 5 business days. If you dont get the call then call the local attorney bar association to file a complaint. The bar assocation can assist you in either forcing the attorney to communicate with you or punish the attorney for failing to communicate.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you that is helpful and I will be accepting your answer. If I can ask another question, if this continues, would another attorney be able to pick up from where he left off? I've already filed for divorce, I wouldn't have to do that again with a new lawyer would I?
The new attorney can pick up where the last attorney finished. You papers filed would still be valid. The new attorney would just notify the court and all the parties involved that he/she is the new attorney.
Daniel Solutions and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you