Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

living trust was recorded Feb 1999. In order for grantor to

living trust was recorded Feb 1999. In order for grantor to get a loan, bank had us take property out of trust and said we could put it back in trust after loan. Can we just have it re-recorded or do we need to start over? We are in Tennessee and property is in Colorado. Trust was recorded originally in Colorado.

Good evening. If the trust is already in existence, you don't have to set up a new trust. You can simply re-record the original trust agreement and transfer the property to the trust.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can we use the same Quit Claim Deed?

You can use the same form. You will want to reexecute it to update it for the date today.

I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
one more question - can we re-execute here in TN or do we have to go back to Co?
No, you can re-execute it in TN. No worries. :)