How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have sub-leased out my 2007 Ford Mustang through a 3rd party

Resolved Question:

I have sub-leased out my 2007 Ford Mustang through a 3rd party company. That company is now out of business based on a BBB report I located online. The rep from that company stopped replying to my e-mails last week. The vehicle is due to be returned to ford in 1 month and I'm unable to contact the 3rd parties "user" of the vehicle. I know the name and address of the "user" but no phone number. I recently found out the 3rd party company has been making payments on my behalf 30 day's past the payment due date (4 times in the last 2 years). I'm trying to work with the company but if they simply stop responding to my requests to return the vehicle to me can I file charges or should I peruse legal action against the companies rep whom I've been working with over the last two years?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the post, yes you should file legal action, for breach of contract, in any event. The damage to your credit alone is grounds for a suit.
MShore and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you