Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Hi I am born in USA and raised 38years in Scotland ,now been

Hi I am born...
Hi I am born in USA and raised 38years in Scotland ,now been in Texas 9 years.I have been working ina profession since i have been in USA ,,,I have worked several different companies in Fragrance Business,,One of the companies i worked for ,,four years and quit in Feb2010,,,i hired on with another company and serve same clients my previous company served[Macys Stores|}The business i am in is very competative ,,however on going to one of my stores the first day,,my boss recieved an email from the floor manager behind my back ,,asking if i would be servicing the store ,,as i "had confrontation" with "previous companies people",,I was utterly shocked,,my boss said she just wanted me to know about it.And since then everytime i go to that store,,,people are trying to make me uncomfortabl;e in my job,,talking about me behind my back to others making up things which are not true,,,,the person i believe who is starting this is a previous collegue in past company,,she sees me on the workfloor as a professional rival,,we the perfume ladies in stores,,i worked hard for her company ,,but now am on the other side ,,she doesnt want me in that store.She has been in this profession longer and same store for 20 years and behaves like her company should mnopolise the business,,my previous company,,i am good at my job,,i dont work any different from when i worked for previous comapany,,i feel that i am being defamed against and how do i go about doing something about it,,without fear of not being able to woprk in this business
i fel these things are detriment to my reputation and feel like im being forced to change a job i love,,can u advise me ??Thankyou very much Jayne Hinds
10/1/2010
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.You would need a local lawyer here to send demand letter to this person threatening defamation suit.But then you may worsen the situation with the stores.But certainly you have the right to do so here and even file such suit if you can locate witnesses to these false statements to others.I am so sorry that these persons have treated you this way.

Lawyer Referral Information Service (LRIS)

• Have you been injured in an accident?
  • Do you feel you've been fired from your job illegally?
  • Were you involved in a crime?
  • Is your landlord trying to evict you?

If you are having a problem like this, contact us. We will help you find a lawyer or agency that best matches your legal needs. Please be aware that we are a referral service, and we cannot give legal advice. We refer you to a lawyer who can help.

Contact us by phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNor (877) 9TEXBAR (Toll Free), Monday - Friday, CST, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m effective Sept. 1, 2010. The call-in service is closed on legal holidays. We also have phone services in Spanish.

Contact us online: To search for members of our referral service, use our new online service!

Our Service Area

Our LRIS program serves more than 240 counties in Texas. We assist more than 80,000 callers like you each year.

To help you find a lawyer, tell us the county where you need an attorney.

If our service does not cover the county you need, we will refer you to an LRIS program that can assist you.

Other Lawyer Referral Services in Texas: If we do not serve your county, we will refer you to a certified LRIS program that can help you.

Steps and Costs

1. Our LRIS staff will ask you three things:

· The county where you need the attorney
· Basic information about your legal problem
· Your name, mailing address, and telephone number

In order to receive a referral from our service, we must have your name and mailing address. This information is only shared with the attorney we refer you to. We do not sell, rent or share your information with anybody else.

2. Once we refer you to a lawyer, it is your responsibility to make the first call. When you make the call, let the lawyer know that you have been referred by the State Bar LRIS service.

3. Your lawyer will charge you an initial consultation fee for the first ½ hour of his or her time. This ½ hour fee will be no more than $20.

After that, additional charges should be determined by an agreement between you and your attorney.

Do not hesitate to discuss details about money! Make sure you understand completely what your lawyer will be charging you.

Tips and Resources

Be Prepared and Save Money: If you haven't already, read these quick tips to help you and your lawyer be successful.

Ray, Lawyer

Thankyou for your reply,,apppreciate it as i feel so alone in this situation.Would a lawyer ask the manager of store to produce the person who has been saying things to her about me??

I m,ean would the person who acted on hearsay ie the floor manager, have to tell my lawyer who said what??? And my own boss has e,mail saying i was confrontational when i clearly have not been.,,wouldnt store manager need proof of that to be sending emails to my boss??

The lawyer may ask questions here and do some quiet investigating to locate who is defaming you in this matter.I think that this is horrible what they are doing to you.You do not deserve to be treated this way.You have acted professionally and these people are petty and mean spirited ot put it nicely.Consider meeting with lawyer to send demand letters.You may well back them off here.
also theres ppl ,,who work for previous company asking questions about my life from other company employees,,ie "saying thes things that could get me removed from my store and im very frightened of even going to work knowing they are trying to "push my buttons" Im not responding but its taking a toll on me healthwise ,i have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks ,,,due to the worry of me being manipulated unawares kind of thing,,i came to USA afte being through a tragic life in Scotland hoping to have the life which had been denied to me and my family while trapped in Scotland ,,i pay my taxes and worked hard and feel very overlooked and ignored for my efforts i have all the emails from company and every transaction i made in every ccompany i have worked for yet cannot get forward,,this is not the USA i always dreamed of.I am a patriot however .Thankyou for your help i appreciate it very much i did not know where to turn as i am here by myself in USA .Jayne Hinds
Ray, Lawyer