How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steinlaw Your Own Question
Steinlaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1811
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Steinlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I dont know whether this is a legal question, but there is

Resolved Question:

I don't know whether this is a legal question, but there is no other "Just Answer" category that seems even close. My 24 year old son had a motor vehicle accident and the medical bills mounted up to about $20K. He recently dropped out of college, therefore lost his coverage on my insurance policy. He has not yet found a job (but has few bills, as he is living at home for the time being). His assets are a 25 year old car and about $2000 in savings. Is there any help out there for him, or is he on the hook for the entire amount? The hospital gave him a Medicaid application (Missouri) but I looked it over and at first glance it does not appear he meets any of the beneficiary categories.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Steinlaw :

What is your specific legal question?

Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
He should fill out the Medicaid form. The worst they can say is no. If he does not qualify, he is on the hook for the bills. He can probably file for bankruptcy and be protected.

If he did not cause the accident, he should hire a personal injury attorney. The other person's auto insurance should be covering this.

Good luck.
Steinlaw and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you