Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

can you be charged with anything if you was with a person who

can you be charged with anything if you was with a person who shot up in the air in a crowd after a fight in arkansas
Expert:  Sam replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Sam :

Hi

Sam :

Yes, once could be charged with inciting a riot, conspiracy to incite or conspiracy to any charge that the person who shot the gun is charged with. Of course, proving that you conspired is another story.

JACUSTOMER-6j97939a- :

a man walked to another and knocked him out cold and another with the man that got hit shot in the air to get him out of the crowd another man was with these two but was not involved

Sam :

I see. So who was charged ? And with what crime?

JACUSTOMER-6j97939a- :

no charges yet but they are in the process but what we dont know yet

Sam :

I see. Well, there could be a discharge of firearm in a public place, inciting a riot, assault, assault with a deadly weapon, illegal use of a deadly weapon, disorderly contact, etc. There are a host of charges. However, it will be at the sole discretion of the District Attorney to decide what they can go forward with based on what evidence is present

JACUSTOMER-6j97939a- :

they are trying to charge all 3

Sam :

I see. And, please tell me what your question is in that regard. You see, I can only answer what you ask. I cannot guess what you need to have information on

JACUSTOMER-6j97939a- :

on the one that was just there with the other 2 and not involved in the fight or shooting in the air

Sam :

I see

Sam :

Yes, he can be charged. Remember that a charge is not a conviction

Sam :

It would require evidence that he was involved and to what extent to get a conviction

JACUSTOMER-6j97939a- :

thanks

Sam :

If he was merely a bystander and had nothing to do with the fight or the gun, then it would be hard to convict

Sam :

and if charged, the DA would drop the charges

Sam :

as there is no evidence to convict

Sam :

You're welcome. If you have further questions, you can post here. Otherwise, please remember to accept my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information