How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 36990
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what can a grandmother do when a grandchild tells them that

This answer was rated:

what can a grandmother do when a grandchild tells them that the mothers livein boyfriend is mean to her and hits her when the mother leaves the child with him, and you know they are doing drugs, and the grandmother calls DHS about it and the person she is talking to, just gets smart about it and does not try to help. When the childs very life may be in danger?



If you aren't getting any assistance on the phone from the local DHS office, you can file a complaint through their hotline here:


If you believe a child is being abused or neglected, you have a legal responsibility to report it. Reports can be made at any time to the OKDHS Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 1-800-522-3511. The hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.


Once a report is filed they are obligated by law to initiate an investigation into the complaint including contacting the family and conducting an inspection and potentially interviewing the child about any incidents of neglect/abuse. They can't ignore the complaint once filed and have to investigate. If the results of their investigation indicate that abuse may be occurring, they have the authority to take the child into protective custody and place her with other family.





If I have answered your question, please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are optional and greatly appreciated. If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.

Barrister and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you