How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GeorgetownLawyr Your Own Question
GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12049
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
GeorgetownLawyr is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if my son was born in usa can i get the green card

Resolved Question:

if my son was born in usa can i get the green card
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers. How old is your son? How and when did you enter the U.S.?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
he is one month old. i enter the u.s. 8 months ago.
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
did you enter with a visa or without a visa?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes with visa f1 and i have 4 years in my visa to expire.i'm a student
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
Ok, well that's good. Unfortunately, your son being born here doesn't get you any status. he cannot file anything for you until he is 21 years old. However, you have 4 years and if when you finish school you find an employer to sponsor you for a job then you get get a green card through employment or if you get married to a U.S. Citizen then you can get a green card through marriage, but at least you are in status and have many options from here...just not through your son at this moment. I hope this helps. Please click "accept" so that I receive credit for answering your question. I will be happy to reply to a follow up on this issue at no extra cost. Your Positive feedback is appreciated. If you want to request me in the future type "TO GEORGETOWNLAWYR" in the subject line and if I am not online I will answer asap. Thanks and best regards.
GeorgetownLawyr and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you