How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41053
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a 22 year old starting my own small trucking buisness,

Resolved Question:

I'm a 22 year old starting my own small trucking buisness, I will be the owner operator and will sub-contract for a larger company. This company needs proof of workers comp, or proof that I sighned off on it. Being that I'm just starting I don't know all of the rules, how do I go about doing this?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Sounds like you will need to cover yourself with workers comp coverage here and provide such proof of coverage from the agent.The agent here once you sign up would issue such letter and proof of coverage.

WC information

Edited by RayAnswers on 8/1/2010 at 10:50 AM EST
Ray and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you