How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42335
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A relative whom I took into my home now refuses to leave.

Resolved Question:

A relative whom I took into my home now refuses to leave. I am not crrently residing at my home. Can I legally discontinue the utilities, ie. water, power, etc?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Yes you can turn off utilities here.You can also file for eviction.You would have to give them thirty days notice--they are month to month tenants.They were guests here that you no longer want around.You would issue letter here with notice of intent to file eviction, turn off utilities, and file for eviction if you have to and they won't leave before then.You have these rights here as an owner.
Ray and 11 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you