Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

hi, I requested some info from a bank and gave them ample

Customer Question
hi, I requested some...
hi,
I requested some info from a bank and gave them ample time to respond but they didnt and now they want to sue me for what I filed 5 months later. I want to get a motion to dismiss because they had plenty of time to respond and didnt. Is there a law that talks about silence is acquiesance (I know its mispelled)?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
8/1/2010
Lawyer: Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney replied 7 years ago
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney

Dear jacustomer,

Thank you for your question and I look forward to working on your answer. Also, it is important to know that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know, unless you describe it fully. Also, because you are at this site, you are asking me the question because you want the legal facts, as I see them, even if unfavorable to your situation from a legal perspective. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if I ask a redundant question.

That being said, if you would like me to work on an answer for you, and in order to better assist you, could you please clarify for me, in numbered answers if I ask more than one question:

1. Did you have any contract with them obligating them to respond to your questions, from a legal standpoint (vs. manners).

2. What are they suing you for? Delinquent debt?

I look forward to getting to work on this for you. Hang in there!

Sincerely,

S. Joy, Legal Expert

Please note: I do not provide legal advice, only legal information; I do not legally represent any JA members, visitors or customers. We do not and will not enjoy an attorney/client relationship. Further communication with me here is an acceptance of this and any information provided by me is with the understanding that you comprehend this and agree.

At times there can be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. In addition, if it is late at night, EST, and we are between postings, I may go get some shut eye, but I'll be back the next day, so never fear.

Tina, Lawyer