Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

So my ex husbands new wife went and filed a PPO against me.

So my ex husbands new wife went and filed a PPO against me. I happened to find out about this...long story so I go to the court records and find this.

07/29/2010 FNC FINAL DISPOSITION CLOSED
07/29/2010 OJ ORIGINAL JUDGE ALEXANDER /NO 23
07/29/2010 FO FINAL ORDER PPO DENIED W/OUT RIGHT TO A HEARING
07/29/2010 PTS PETITION FOR PPO/STALKING FILED
07/29/2010 VS VERIFIED STATEMENT RE PPO FILED
07/29/2010 DEN ORDER DENYING PPO W/OU HRG FILED

From what I can understand, the request was denied. Which it should have been because she did this in retaliation. However, now this is out there and in my name. I know it was denied but if anyone, like a future employer were to see this, it could raise doubt in their minds when considering hiring me. So, my question, can I have this expunged and removed from the court records all together and how do I do this?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 years ago.

State expungement laws are designed to remove arrests and criminal convictions. They do not provide for the removal of civil matters.

You would have to retain a civil lawyer who should be able to petition the court who denied the order and the hearing to erase the record of the proceedings for you.