How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane T (LLC) Your Own Question
Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8435
Experience:  Experienced attorney; contracts, internet, business, finance, employment, RE, consumer, & more.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jane T (LLC) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I believe that my former personal injury attorney formed a

Resolved Question:

I believe that my former personal injury attorney formed a partnership with a non-lawyer (the physician he referred me to) due to the fact I received a $100k plus bill for a few chiropractic and physical therapy sessions plus one set of facet injections. In addition, neither therapy worked, but instead of referring me to a neuro orthopedic specialist, he released me as a patient. To this day, I still have bad lower back and leg pain, plus leg numbness and weakness. My attorney had no problem presenting an outrageously inflated bill to the other driver's insurance company, which of course, caused my case to be flagged for fraud. The fact that the bill was outrageous for the few treatments offered is a red flag, but how else can I prove my theory that these two were in cahoots? Where can I research my former attorney's trial results?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 6 years ago.



The CA courts have a search page that lets you search by phrase or name here. That may provide a partial list, but a full list may only be available by calling each CA court an attorney has ever filed a case in and asking for case judgments or settlements from those courts. A call to a court's clerk of courts can normally provide informaiton about that and where else to search.


Also, the claim you make may, if accurate, mean that an attorney may be acting against the CA ethical code for attorneys (which may mean that an attorney may lose the ability to practice law in the state). Matters such as those are taken seriously by Bar Associations and/or state supreme courts. You can contact the CA Bar Association's office of Attorney Discipline (see here) to discuss you beliefs and learn more about what can be done.





Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am in Los Angeles, Ca. Where would I go in person to do this search?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
After I search through the judgements, how do I find out what doctor my attorney referred that particular client to?
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 6 years ago.

That fact may or may not be in a court's final judgment, where the court makes its final decision as to which way the case will go. That may (or may not) be public information. If that fact has ever been discussed in any of the case filings then a court's record of that filing may contain it, but not always. If, however, the CA Bar Association's office of Attorney Discipline investigates the matter then the attorney may need to turn over all files and information, including information about which parties he/she has worked with.



Jane T (LLC) and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you