How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a 23yr. old mother of two recently separated from their

Resolved Question:

I'm a 23yr. old mother of two recently separated from their father. Our daughter is 16 mo. old, wear 6/9 mo. clothes and weighs almost 19 lbs. She was a premie at birth. Her father and I are both average size and her 3 yr. old brother is wearing 4/5T. My problem is now that we are separated he father wants to judge to order me to stop breastfeeding, because it interferes with his time. She will drink other things from a cup, but not milk. I have got her to the point where she only is breasefeed in the mornings and at bedtime. could you please let me know if a judge can order me to stop. I live in Oklahoma. My breastfeeding counselor states that I could breastfeed until the child is 3, but that's a bit to long even for me.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
A judge is definitely not going to stop you from breastfeeding. However, he may ask that you pump your breast milk and put it in bottles for the father to give to the child when he has visitation of the child.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks that's pretty much what my counselor states. by the way she want take a bottle, we never have been able to get her to take one
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

You're probably going to have to work on getting her to take a bottle, or try to schedule his visits around the child's meals (although I know this is tough with a very young child who eats every few hours.


I've got 4 kids and I know it can be tough getting them on the bottle, but if you keep introducing it, the child will finally take it.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
currently he gets to visit with her from 6:30 am to 7pm on Sat and Sun every other weekend but he states this it not acceptable now after making the agreement
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

The only way he can change visitation is with a court order, and the only way he can get a court order is if there has been a material change to your situation (remarriage, move, loss of job, or other change to the child's environment) that would give him grounds to seek a modification.


If there have been no changes, he should have no grounds to seek a modificatioin.

Roger and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you