How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Attorney-Business degree from The University of Texas
Type Your Legal Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

NYS My husband is an addictic who went into a veterans rehab

Resolved Question:

NYS: My husband is an addictic who went into a veterans rehab dom back in 12/09 for six months. He went on a alcholo/drug vacation 24 hrs after completing the program. I have not since him since.He recently contacted to inform me he is in Florida. I informed him I want a divorce. He will not response. In Dec. 2009 he gave me the house . The deed is now in my name. Also, We written up separation paper stating he does not want anything from me. It clearly states he does not want my Retirement/pension, house or finance from me Will I have to wait the year or can I file now.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  legaleagle replied 7 years ago.
Yes you can file for divorce now on the grounds of abandonment. You do not have to have to wait for one year.
legaleagle and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you