How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cowgirl Lawyer Your Own Question
Cowgirl Lawyer
Cowgirl Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1422
Experience:  Attorney for 22 years. General Practice, Labor/Employment, PI, WC, Criminal, Family.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Cowgirl Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

need to find legal help in riverside county regarding child

Resolved Question:

need to find legal help in riverside county regarding child support issues.. can you help me find info on who to talk to about this? i am a veteran.. have talked to va in sd county. info they gave me was for sd county the one that i did call could not help me unless i was already going through the case..
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Cowgirl Lawyer replied 7 years ago.

If you have a child in your custody, you have the right to receive child support from the child's other parent. If you are the non-custodial parent, then you have the reciprocal obligation to pay.

Child support is based upon income. Assuming you are talking about Riverside County California, there are a variety of resources available to you if you don't want to file a case or are concerned that one may be filed against you:

First, there is excellent free information available to you about the entire child support process at the California Courts Self-Help Center. If you want to know how much child support would be if this ended up in court, take a look at the California Department of Child Support Services Calculator.

I will be happy to clarify my answer if you need me to do so.

If not, please click ACCEPT. I do not get paid for my work unless you click ACCEPT. Like you, I cannot work for free.

Your positive feedback wins me points and costs you but a moment of time. A "bonus" awards me for an especially good job.

Next time you visit Just Answer, please ask for me by name by starting your question with "For Cowgirl Lawyer."

Good luck and best wishes!

Cowgirl Lawyer

IMPORTANT: I am not your attorney, and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights. My function here is to provide education to the public so that people can understand the law. If you accept my answer, you are accepting educational information. Please remember that this is a public forum. Anything you discuss here is not protected by attorney-client privilege. Do not take any action or fail to take action based upon our discussion here. I am an experienced attorney licensed in Illinois, but I do not hold myself out as an "expert" in any area of law (Illinois does not recognize such attorney specializations). Any representation to the contrary by JustAnswer is in error. You should consult with an attorney in your area for specific advice relevant to your situation.

Cowgirl Lawyer and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions