How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard - Bizlaw Your Own Question
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10629
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Richard - Bizlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Most just given a form 4549-A income tax discrepancy adjustments. The

Customer Question

Most just given a form 4549-A income tax discrepancy adjustments.

The IRS wanted to do an audit on me for 2006. I refuse to cooperate with their procedures. So they proceeded to do an audit with out my cooperation. Basically they took away my expenditures are saying I operated business zero operating cost.

Is there anyway to protect my house or assets?? Is bankruptcy an option??
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 7 years ago.

Your mistake was refusing to cooperate. You obligation is to show what your income was and what your expenses were. What you need to do is change your approach, contact them and set up a meeting to justify your income and expenses.


If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.