Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
18695994

Most just given a form 4549-A income tax discrepancy adjustments. The

Customer Question

Most just given a form 4549-A income tax discrepancy adjustments.

The IRS wanted to do an audit on me for 2006. I refuse to cooperate with their procedures. So they proceeded to do an audit with out my cooperation. Basically they took away my expenditures are saying I operated business zero operating cost.

Is there anyway to protect my house or assets?? Is bankruptcy an option??
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 7 years ago.

Your mistake was refusing to cooperate. You obligation is to show what your income was and what your expenses were. What you need to do is change your approach, contact them and set up a meeting to justify your income and expenses.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.