How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane T (LLC) Your Own Question
Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8435
Experience:  Experienced attorney; contracts, internet, business, finance, employment, RE, consumer, & more.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jane T (LLC) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When I moved to Utah from New Jersey, I received a court order

Resolved Question:

When I moved to Utah from New Jersey, I received a court order changinf the jurisdiction from New Jersey to Utah. How can I find that document in the state records?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 7 years ago.

Dear JACUSTOMER-ingftfhx,


Which state are you looking for it in?


What type of matter was the case - was it a family law matter, a civil case, etc.?


What county in the state are you, or were you in?



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Third Judicial District Court, Civil No. XXXXXXXXX state of Utah
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for responding.


The site blocked out any specific information, but getting a copy of a court document is normally very easy. When the specific court a case was in is known (I asked questions just in case the specific court was not known or remembered) all that needs to be done is to contact the clerk of courts of the specific court that issued the document and then provide them with the case number XXXXX the names of the parties and the approximate date of the case. They can usually find the document in their records and print it. People can normally pick them up or have them mailed to them for a small copying, and mailing, if applicable, fee.




Jane T (LLC) and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you