How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I legally keep someone off my property, if the person

This answer was rated:

How can I legally keep someone off my property, if the person is welcome by my wife?



Please provide a little more detail. Who is this person? And why don't you want them on your property?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Her daughter's boyfriend, because he is a very low quality and disrespectful person in my opinion, who has betrayed our trust. I don't want a person like that on our property, ever, I don't think my wife does, but she might change her mind later, especially if her daughter and this person were to get married. I won't, and I'm against their getting married.



I see. Well, if he has caused you to be concerned for your wellbeing then you could try to file a restraining order. But there would have had to be some type of altercation wherein he placed you in fear of imminent danger.


Other than that, if your wife's name is XXXXX XXXXX property then she has just as much right to allow him on as you have to say you don't want him there.


You can tell him you not want him on the property and explain that you will call the police and have him removed as a trespasser. Though is your wife is there she can say she invited him and the police will not assist.


Basically, you and your family will need to come to terms with this matter. Your legal recourse is minimal if you cannot get the restraining order.



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Does that work both ways? say I invite a friend to my house, who is not welcome by my wife, will the police not assist (if she calls them) in this case as well?



Yes. You both own the property and are entitled to have guests in your home. It is a rock and a hard spot.

Sam and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you