How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son borrowed his brother in laws car without his permission,

This answer was rated:

My son borrowed his brother in laws car without his permission, got into an accident, some damages did occurred to another persons vehicle, no one was hurt, my son in laws car was totaled. My son got arrested, charged with DWI and was jailed. He was bonded out only after we found that my son had 2 other warrents. Since then my son in law has filed theft charges against my son. Should my son voluntarily turn himself into where my son in law filed the charges or what should he do?

These warrants are never going to go away. So, your son is going to have to face them some day.


My suggestion is that your son consult a local criminal defense attorney and negotiate a deal for him to turn himself in and be allowed to bond back out.


If all of the charges are misdemeanors, he should be allowed to bond out. Also, the attorney can work with the prosecutor to get the best deal for your son in terms of punishment, and hopefully keep him out of jail.

Roger and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you