Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I need a letter written in proper legal format in response

Customer Question

I need a letter written in proper legal format in response to a summons regarding a barking dog issue. I have provided proof and evidence that my dog does not bark and has had a bark collar placed on it since October '09. I simply need to have a letter written to the court in proper legal format by end of day tomorrow. I do not know how to do that. I have all the needed information. Please let me know if anyone can help.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

We here cannot legally write the letter for you, as that would be deemed representation. What we can do is help you edit the letter, and help you word it properly. Would that suffice?

In terms of a letter, are you talking about a formal answer to the complaint against you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the letter from the court said I simply have to write the letter in the "proper" format. The problem is, I do not know what that is. If there is an email address, I can send you what I have sent to the lawyer for the plaintiff. I verbalized all the information and sent her attachments, etc. Not sure if that would suffice? It is a letter of sorts, just not in legal format.
Thank you for your patience. Did you contact the court yet?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No, they sent me a summons and only want a written response in proper legal format from me which is due by Sat.

You can definitely do this on your own, and you may want to contact the county court clerk for additional help. If you want to do this on your own, come to a local law library, find out the structure and formality of how your petition is supposed to look (as all courts and sometimes even different counties have different requirements), fill it out as per your grievance, and submit it. Since I do not know exactly where you are located, I am not sure as to what your petition is supposed to look also unless I know your location.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 7/2/2010 at 2:40 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you :)
You are MOST welcome. But just remember that you have a time delay--contact the coruts very early in the morning, and then stop by a library (if needed, as possibly the clerk may give you a template to follow that will help you with additional research), and if there, ask teh law librarian to help--trust me, that is what they are there for, and in about an hour or so, you will be able to get this done for yourself, especially if you already have the body written out (and you will save a ton of money in the process).

Good luck!

If you found my information useful, kindly press the green "accept" button so I can be compensated for my assistance. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.