Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have to suit against Deutchbank but I cant get the name

Customer Question
I have to suit...
I have to suit against Deutchbank but I can't get the name and address of the agent for service of process, how you can help me?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
7/1/2010
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Register with the Texas Secretary of State and search the database. Or, call their offices in the morning and ask for the agent for service of process.

I'm assuming you are suing Deutchebank in Texas.

Yes, but I did that already and they not help me.
What did they tell you?
They couldn't find the bank in their system

Under Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code 17.044(b), "The secretary of state is an agent for service of process on a nonresident who engages in business in this state, but does not maintain a regular place of business in this state or a designated agent for service of process, in any proceeding that arises out of the business done in this state and to which the nonresident is a party."

Also, under Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code 17.027(b)(2), "if the financial institution does not have a registered agent, serving the president or a branch manager at any office located in this state."

So, if Deutchebank has been doing business with you in some manner while you reside in Texas, and Deutchebank has no registered agent, then you can serve the Texas Secretary of State -- or, if the bank has a branch anywhere in Texas, then you can serve the branch manager.

Hope this helps.

socrateaser, Lawyer
socrateaser, Lawyer