Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My husband died on 12/31/2009 after being given Mylotarg along

Customer Question
with chemotherapy at UCLA to...
My husband died on 12/31/2009 after being given Mylotarg along with chemotherapy at UCLA to treat AML. Pfizer is recalling the drug because it caused deaths when given with chemotherapy. My husband was a very healthy 77 year old who owned a manufacturing company and was still working when diagnosed. Does anyone think there will be litigation connected with this recall? I would like to be kept informed. Thank you. XXXXX Thousand Oaks, CA
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
7/1/2010
Lawyer: Teacher Editor, Instructor replied 7 years ago
Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Instructor

This could be a good start for you for updates:

http://mylotarglawsuit.org/

Since this just occured, it will take a little while before enough statistics are gathered and enough people come forward to file a class action suit but it is quite possible if the numbers are there so I would remain hopeful and keep doing searches on this drug on a weekly basis. Most likely if there is a class action, you will be invited to participate as your husband did take the medication and you are the spouse, who would be the main litigant.

Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Instructor
Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Instructor