How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have been displaced due to flash flooding and the house i

Resolved Question:

i have been displaced due to flash flooding and the house i 'm renting is not even close to being clean / repaired enough to move back in but the landlord is demanding rent . I have had to move in with friends . my question is do i have to pay the rent ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 7 years ago.



no. you do not have to pay rent for a situation that is beyond your control. she can sue you for it, but you have just cause not to be paying. so she will not win. actually, you can ask her to pay for your room and board since you have been displaced. so if she sues you, counter sue seeking your expenses for inconvenience.

Sam and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Laughingtitle="Laughing"/> thnx