How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27988
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

19 Year old boy who has two kids not paying child support and

Resolved Question:

19 Year old boy who has two kids not paying child support and has said,"f**k his kids and the mother. He plans to get kids and run away? What can I do and how do I process quickly before it happens?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 years ago.
If he does not have custody and takes the kids and runs away, he can be charged with a criminal offense. Moreover, you can take him to Court and have them order he pay child support or garnish his wages, if he fails to pay. If he takes the kids, call the police. Otherwise, seek support and custody through the Court and protect your interest.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what if he is not working right now what other charges can we get him for?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 years ago.
He could be held in contempt if Court if the Judge orders him to do something and he does not. If he does not work, his license could be suspended or he could face jail time.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
okay what about me getting evidences he has fail numerous of piss test showing the usages of drugs and history of anger management problems? Myproblem is that my daughter is only 16 with two kids by this young man. She is currently working on getting her high school diploma. this young does not have education and desire not to work. He also; has not appear in court before last year. So I don't know how can we make this work?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 years ago.
If he is order to appear in court and fails to do so, the Judge will likely rule in your daughters favor. The proper court procedures need to be followed if you want him to take this seriously and be responsible. The fact that he has failed urine test and has problems with his temper, would go to the issue of him seeking custody and the children being placed in a harmful environment.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So do I needed to hire a privite dectitivite for evidence or do I order judge give him a piss test? How much will it cost for me to get a good lawyer? I dont make alot is there a freesite to get the corrected jargon to use in court
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 years ago.

Evidence can be in the form of testimony so you could bring in people to testify as to his character. As far as a urine test, that will only be by order of the Court and could be a condition to custody of the children. It will be at the discretion of the Judge. If you want a free lawyer, you need to contact your local legal aid office or call family law attorneys and see if they will help you for free or at a reduced rate. Thank you for allowing me to answer your question and good luck. Please click the ACCEPT button, so I can get credit for my answer.

LegalKnowledge and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you