How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41495
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was wondering if oklahoma was a state that honored expired

This answer was rated:

i was wondering if oklahoma was a state that honored expired drivers license if i was active duty military stationed elsewhere. and where i could find it if it was.
Thanks for your question.You can deal here with renewal

The Oklahoma Department of Public Safety has implemented a driver's license renewal by mail service. You may renew your Class D Oklahoma driver's license up to six months before it is set to expire or up to three years after it has expired by writing to:

  • Oklahoma Department of Public Safety
  • Driver License Services
  • Renewal by Mail
  • P.O. Box 11415
  • Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73136

Please include the following items:

  • Full name.
  • Date of birth.
  • License number.
  • Oklahoma address.
  • Current address.
  • A cashier's check made payable to the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety in the amount of $21.50

Plus a copy of any two of the following forms of ID:

  • Your expired driver's license
  • Birth certificate
  • Military ID
  • Passport
  • Social Security card

I am stationed outside of Oklahoma and have lost my driver's license. How can I get a replacement?

Follow the same steps as above, but enclose a cashier's check or money order for $10 and state in your letter that you need a replacement driver's license.

May I apply for a renewal or replacement driver's license online?

The Oklahoma Department of Public Safety does not have online capabilities for renewals or replacement driver's license at this time.

My family and I are going to be transferred overseas. How do we renew our Oklahoma licenses while we are away? I worry about mailing so much personal information such a long distance.

Oklahoma law states that if you are active duty military or the spouse of an active duty service member living outside the continental U.S., your driver's licenses will remain valid for the duration of your overseas service and will remain valid for 60 days after your return to the U.S.

Ray and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions