How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask loeblaw Your Own Question
loeblaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1669
Experience:  Trial Atty---NY, NJ & Fed Courts, Owner of law office for 10+ years--Recently joined this Site
Type Your Legal Question Here...
loeblaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My relative was written a ticket for a open container in veichle.

Customer Question

My relative was written a ticket for a open container in veichle. However when the police ask for her identification, she gave them my information. why isn't the officer held accountable for this matter.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  loeblaw replied 7 years ago.
Because your relative gave your identity to the officer. How is that possibly the officer's fault?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

So what your telling me is i have to foot the bill anytime a criminal decide to use my name to get away with a crime. If the police don't stop them how can I. I have been issue an arrest warrant for a miss court date. I knew nothing about.

Expert:  loeblaw replied 7 years ago.
No. If you have proof that you weren't stopped...a witness, some type of time stamp that shows that you weren't there when your relative was stopped then you can't be held responsible. Meanwhile make an order to show cause to the court to open the case and to vacate the warrant against you. & you should get the relative involved or other relatives that can push her to do the right thing.


As your question has been answered, please click ACCEPT so that I can receive credit for the answer and you can receive credit for your question. Clicking ACCEPT does not generate additional charges but only indicates your question was answered. We do not receive a salary; this is the only way we get paid so I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you please click ACCEPT. Additionally, note that BONUSES and positive feedback are GREATLY appreciated. Should you need additional information or have additional questions please feel free to send me a question personally.

NOTICE: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) We have not established an attorney-client relationship and none shall be established absent a separate agreement; (2) my communications are based upon my analysis and opinions and based upon general legal principles which may differ from the law in your jurisdiction; (3) For specific legal advise you should obtain a legal opinion and representation from an attorney in good standing licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where valid jurisdiction exists for your legal issue; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

loeblaw and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Last question, I was planning on going to file a police report tommorrow and talking to the city clerk of court. Is this a good idea or would it be best to just have my local attorney handle the matter?


Expert:  loeblaw replied 7 years ago.
I don't think you have anything to lose by filing a police report, but if you are already represented by a lawyer I suggest that any legal document you file, you do so with the help of counsel....& Thank you for the bonus. If I can help you with anything in the future please free to contact me.