is it legal to operate a racing hydroplane boat on the magothy…

Customer Question
is it legal to operate...
is it legal to operate a racing hydroplane boat on the magothy river annapolis md.? willi be able to register and get hull number stickers with the dnr. not for racing purpouses. i have ywo hour to decide to bid on a boat on ebay
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/30/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.The boat itslef is legal but there may well be speed regulations and horsepower restrictions on the river.Best thing to do here is to call and verify

• Email: [email protected]
  • Telephone: Call toll-free in Maryland at 1-877-620-8DNR (8367) (Weekdays 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.)

Out of State: 410-260-8DNR (8367) (Weekdays 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.)

Relist: Incomplete answer.
thanks for your time i realize there "may be" speed or horsepower restrisctions but i didnt think my 40 dollar answer would be "maybe". i would rather have my forty dollars. get yourself somthing nice.
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago

Its legal to have the boat itself.But you are going to have to call here for river regulations.Here are geenral speed and noise restrictions

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/subtitle_chapters/08_Chapters.aspx#Subtitle18

Edited by RayAnswers on 6/30/2010 at 3:20 PM EST